Skip to main content

Project- Research

The Karate Kid is a 1984 drama directed by John G. Avildsen which earned $176.6 million domestically and a total of $359.1 million worldwide. On of the actors featured in this film, Pat Morita, was nominated for both Best Actor in a Supporting Role(Oscar) and Best Performance by an Actor in a supporting role in a Motion Picture(Golden Globe). The movie starts on a black screen with the setting of the scene: Newark, New Jersey; September. Then there are a series of establishing shots of the city with upbeat incidental music playing. There is then a pan over the city that shows some chatter between families on the street including children saying farewell to the main characters of this movie driving away. We then watch the car drive down the road but we can hear the conversation occurring inside the car. From this conversation we can tell that there are two people in the car and it can be inferred that they are mother and son. They are moving to California and the audience can hear the mother trying to convince her son why this move will be good for them, although he does not sound convinced. This is all the info we get within the first two minutes of the film, which peaks the audiences interest and makes them want to see what happens as this family adapts to a new life in a new state.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Selection-Magazine

Certain aspects of print journalism are appealing to me, such as, the publishing process. In All the President's Men , we saw how the two reporters, Woodward and Bernstein, had to get all their articles approved before they could publish them. They had to have a certain amount of sources for their article to be reliable. Not only did they need a certain amount of sources but their sources had to be credible and unbiased. When they published a story with incorrect information, we saw why it is important to have reliable sources. The story negatively impacted their credibility and made it harder to find sources for their next story. I think the magazine project would be a good fit for me because I like to focus on the facts of a situation and I do not usually jump to conclusions without supporting evidence. I also enjoy writing but this project would be challenging to me when it comes to interviewing people. Meeting new people and asking them the right questions would be difficult an...

Script

Introduction: Finding out -Katherine High angle shot *Crying* (against bathroom door) Eye line match of pregnancy test -Damon Over the shoulder (knocking on door) Kat, are you in there? Whys the door locked? Are you okay? -Katherine Hand held camera to show panic Just a minute (scrambles to throw away test) Opens door -Damon Close up Are you okay? Whats wrong? -Katherine   Two-shot (opens door) Yeah I’m I’m…fine. I’m just overreacting, you know how I am. -Damon Close up Are you sure? You seem really upset. Talk to me. -Katherine Close up No really I’m fine, it’s nothing. (pushes past him and tries to pull him out of the bathroom.) -Damon Eye line match Kat- (freezes and slowly picks up empty box) -Katherine Shot-reverse-shot -Damon … (starts crying hysterically) Mid-shot What is this…? -Katherine Shot-reverse-shot Damon wait I can explain! -Damon Wide shot Kat! Don’t… (storms out and throws box) Ca...